Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ode to Annoyance

Have you ever had one of those days?  You wake up--and everything seems decent, and then one small thing happens and you're instantly annoyed for the rest of the day?

Most would think that a person who is 'annoyed' is one who has this ring of negativity surrounding them.  I, on the other hand have come to find annoyance, hilarious.  This doesn't mean that I find all 'annoying' situations hilarious, nor do I find all 'annoyed' individuals to be likeable.  However, it was one conversation yesterday, that totally made me look at the emotion of annoyance in a different manner:

"Everything annoys me this morning lol.  I saw a post that said 'I'm so happy!' Annoyed.  Saw the prego post.  Annoyed.  Saw (insert name here).  Annoyed.'

To me, this was hilarious.  Mostly because I understand this person, and, in all essence---we are the same person.  Despite that, it was her ability to make her annoyance so hilarious is what made me laugh. 

I guess what I am getting at, here---is that annoyance, or the state of being 'bothered' by something is usually fueled by something else.  A catalyst, if you will.  While this state doesn't bother me, because I definitely have short fuse when it comes to incompetence and stupidity (which is something I need to work on)--I suppose my wisdom for the day is this:

When you're annoyed, take a look at what's really bothering you.  Then find the hilarity in any situation that is bothering you--or rubbing you the wrong way. Like my friend, she was able to vent---but make it hilarious, and I am sure for a short moment, her annoyances went away.  Then for the rest of the day, it became a joke.

I have to go to work now, BUT those are my 2 'cents' this morning.

Enjoy the day!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment