Friday, October 26, 2012

Oh, darlin' don't you ever grow up

I've found that one of the most therapeutic things for me is to be with my 'niece' and 'nephews'

I pray that Mia never has to deal with what I'm feeling right now.......but unfortunately I know that this is a part of life. That at one time or another everyone experiences something this in one form or another. It's scary shit. As a parent, we can only hope that we can protect our children from every kind of pain and misery in this world. The truth is....the world is an ugly place, and sooner or later we are all faces with that reality.

As time goes on and I continue to try and heal myself....I know that someday I can sit my daughter down (if I am blessed to have one) and tell her of a love I thought was never ending. Then I will tell her to be careful. She may want to give every single piece of her and she will want to love like there is nothing holding her back. It is okay to let love take you. But sometimes it can blind you...and you start to lose sight of yourself. It's normal to give very single part of yourself to someone. Just be careful......

No comments:

Post a Comment