Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ring of Fire

Remember when you were learning to ride a bike? You start off with training wheels and when the time is right....those get loosened so that you start to learn trust in yourself. Then, (if you had a childhood similar to mine) your parents take the training wheels off and help you balance in the grass. Finally after you've balanced and practiced it's time to take your new found skill to the pavement.

I'll never forget the first time that I went to the pavement. My heart was beating fast, my brain racing and my nerves were on edge. My mom stood behind me, with both hands on the seat...and with one swift move pushed me. I took off like a bat out of hell, raced down the street feeling free.

It was then, I realized that sometimes all
you need is a little push. I've been knocked down, and stood back up. I've been lied to and placated. I've gotten back up only to be knocked back down again. It's okay.....sometimes the news we receive and the things that people do to us are just a little push.

I'm using this week as my push in more ways than one. Yes, I lost my job. Yes I've been done wrong by someone....but only so much can happen before everything starts to look up.

I won't be in this ring of fire forever.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment